Category: Postpartum period
Postpartum period is very important for both baby and its mother. An expert should help a woman recover from delivery, establish connection with the baby and teach how to take care of it. Post-natal baby care is there to help young parents with their questions and concerns.
Postpartum recovery period
Every baby needs a healthy and happy mother. Some women absolutely forget to take care of themselves, overwhelmed with taking care of the baby. Others start doing sit-ups and torture themselves with diet the moment they arrive at home. Don’t go from one extreme to the other. During postpartum period, woman needs to:
- Recover, reach optimal weight and improve her health;
- Connect with the baby, learn to live with the new member of the family;
- Enhance lactation;
- Get to know how to eat well to supply the body with important vitamins and microelements without hurting the child.
Abdominals separate during pregnancy to free space for a developing fetus. It is important to not train your abdomen until medical examination on the 6th week after delivery. Woman can start doing exercises that were specifically designed for new mothers, once expert examines her and approves it.
Nutrition regimen is also very important during this period.
Postpartum depression is a serious issue that still doesn’t receive due attention. If there are any issues, apathy or tearfulness, it’s better to talk to a doctor.
Post-natal baby care
Post-natal child care in Odessa is a mandatory supervision over a baby that is under 1 month old. Nurse and pediatrician come home to mother and her child after they are discharged from a hospital. Here’s how the first visit goes:
- Pediatrician gets familiar with parents of a newborn. He’s the one that is going to supervise the baby in future. He examines conditions the new family member is going to live in and shares his advice.
- The doctor collects information about pregnancy, specifics and pathologies. He asks mother how delivery went and how the baby felt during the first seconds of its life.
- He compiles data about health state of the closest relatives, possible chronic and genetic illnesses.
- Pediatrician carefully examines a newborn: color of skin, head shape, eyes, ears, genitals, measures its thorax, feels its stomach, checks mobility of its arms and legs.
- He checks muscle tone, reflexes, listens to heart and lungs;
- Examines umbilical wound;
- Examines mother’s breast, offers advice;
- Informs on how to take care of the baby, emphasizes which states should cause mother’s concern;
- Doctor provides parents with the necessary telephone numbers and agrees upon date and time of his next visit.
During the next visits he also asks mother about how she and baby feel. The doctor carefully examines the child, provides with advice regarding growth issues, answers the questions that mother has.
Doctor Yryna Rudenko insists that states of both mother and her child are very important and connected. Mother is going to suffer if her baby has some issues. She is going to worry and not sleep well. And baby is going to feel bad too, if his mother does. An experienced doctor will help to cope with fears, advice subsidiary substances and specialist if the need arises.